Whatever it may be; drink spills, dirt, lipstick, grass stains, grease and the humble mince tart, often these little rascals will most likely find their way onto your carpet this festive season. But there’s no need to panic. Help is on the way.
Carpet cleaning isn’t rocket science and it’s not as complicated as it sounds. Here are some of our best tips to bring you the ultimate guide for carpet stain removal.
An essential part of stain carpet removal is to know what not to do when cleaning carpet stains. Here are the DO’s and DON’Ts of carpet cleaning stain removal.
• Do contain the spill - with a paper towel or cloth.
• Wipe away any excess liquids.
• Scoop up any solids with a spoon.
• Don’t scrub your carpet. Scrubbing at a stain can actually push the stain further into the carpet fibres making it much harder to remove.
• Don’t iron your carpet. Some people might suggest ironing over certain stains as a removal technique but try to avoid this at all costs. You are more likely to leave scorch marks on your carpet and melt nylon or polyester fibres.
• Don’t leave the stain on the carpet. The more time a stain has to settle, the harder it becomes to remove.
Depending on the type of stain these household products are always good to have in the cupboard in case of a carpet emergency.
• White vinegar - great for lifting away all sorts of light stains.
• A simple home detergent (or multi-purpose detergent) is also a fantastic tool to get out carpet stains and germs.
• Bi-carb soda - the carpet all-round savior.
And remember… Drytron are great in any carpet cleaning emergency. Our years of developing our specialised cleaning process ensure you’ll get back to your celebrations in no time. If you need to get the carpet experts in then give us a call in the Drytron Customer Care Centre on 13 12 50.
Image source: iStock
When using any cleaning agent on your carpet test on a small, inconspicuous part first. This is to ensure the cleaning agent doesn’t discolor your carpet or have an unexpected reaction. Whilst general advice has been offered, no responsibility is accepted for claims arising from treatment proposed due to variances on the extent of the problem and steps taken previously to treat the problem which are out of our control. If general advice treatment fails call your Drytron Technician immediately. Drytron have access to industrial strength products and machines that the average consumer doesn't have lying around the house. Carpet is a big investment, and playing with some risky home remedies, solvent products and detergents can have unintended consequences. Simply put, some stains are better removed by carpet cleaning professionals.